Monday 6 April 2009

Connor Conclusion

We're getting near the conclusion of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES over here in the UK (Thursdays 10pm, Virgin 1). The beginning of the season was top notch - easily as good as season 1. Then it hit a downfall. The middle episodes of T:tSCC have been a real disappointment, as I've been discussing with Dan here.

The first season had some really fun and cool scenes like this one:



The show got insanely boring and I was so close to forgetting the whole thing. To be honest, the only thing that kept me watching was my dedicated loyalty to all things Whedon. Summer Glau - who plays Cameron in T:tSCC - also played River in Joss Whedon's FIREFLY. I know she's an amazing actress. She proved this in every episode of FIREFLY, but for me, the only work that's come close in T:tSCC is this scene with John:


Dan says the finale is set to be pretty good, but who knows. The middle of the season was boring crap and nothing compared to the beginning. Although it is picking up - the last two episodes have been pretty good. For me, the shiny highlight of the season so far has been this scene in episode one.

Cameron has just been blown up (in the jeep) and Sarah and John are in a world of trouble. Something to note (for those who know what happens with John and that man in the room - why he is dead) - listen to the lyrics while Cameron is taking out man #1 - the song essentially narrates what is happening between John and man #2 in the room upstairs - very cleverly done. Check it out and let me know what you think:

No comments: