Sunday 11 January 2009

Tales of the Natural

I decided a while ago (after studying Gothic literature at uni) to try my hand at some short stories. So I've launched TALES OF THE NATURAL - a place where I'll be publishing a sort of e-anthology of Gothic short stories. No stories are up yet, but they will be soon (once I've written one)

Please check out the site, as some shiny stories should be up there soon to read completely free of charge. I don't know if they're good enough to be published, so I thought I'd just post them online for people to read at their leisure.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the stories and writing as much as I do and I hope you'll check there on a regular basis to see what's going on in the world of the natural.


TALES OF THE NATURAL is an anthology of Gothic short stories written by Neil Baker.

The tales deal with supernatural (or natural) issues such as vampires, werewolves, ghosts and demons, as well as delving into the classics. They are set in various time periods, from ancient Greece to modern day. They take things back to basics - the original Gothic stories of the eighteenth century. They are very strongly influenced by classic authors such as Edgar Allen Poe, Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, Matthew Lewis, James Hogg, Charlotte Bronte, and Emily Bronte, as well several more contemporary writers; Charlie Huston, Raymond Chandler, Richard Matheson, Robert E. Howard, Stan Lee, Frank Miller, Eric Kripke and Joss Whedon.

Some stories even take influence from the world of rock, including Lynyrd Skynyrd, Seether, Evanescence, Manowar, Metallica, Seasick Steve and the Rasmus.

No comments: